Monday, September 01, 2008

baby's day out - inane comedy or emotional rollercoaster?

Eric happened upon this gem of a movie as he was flipping through channels on Labor day. It's essentially Home Alone, but with a baby and set in the city. Madilyn was immediately hooked to the cute little baby crawling around. Unfortunately, she didn't see the humor in a tiny baby lost in a big city. She was so worried that the baby was going to get hurt and she kept exclaiming, "That baby needs his mommy! His mommy needs to hold him!" She was getting so upset that we tried to tell her it was pretend and tried to change the channel, but she wouldn't allow it. She was close to tears throughout the movie, with her lip quivering. I tried to point out the "humor" and got a half smile, but that was it. Then, when the baby finally gets back to his mom at the very end (sorry to spoil the ending), her eyes seriously filled with tears!! It just about made me tear up to see her so sensitive.

4 comments:

Madison Grunig said...

What a tender hearted little sweetie.

chelle said...

awww How sweet. That Madilyn, I lvoe her! :D

Minnette said...

Madiliyn is so sweet! You almost made me cry with that story. Give her a hug for me.

Lisa said...

That is so cute! How are you liking the new house? I wish we could have been there to help you move. I absolutely hate moving too. Miss you guys!