Madilyn started her first day of public education with her spirits high, and her socks higher (that's the way she likes them...and don't mind the bruise on her forehead, she fell into the corner of the window sill two days earlier...at least it was the first day of school and not picture day)!

She has been SO excited for school, it seemed like it would never come. I'm pretty sure we've been counting down for nearly a year.

Madilyn made us go out to the bus stop super early, but we were still a little worried that we missed it because no other kids were out waiting. Turns out we were just so early no one else had come out yet.

She could hardly wait for the bus to stop completely before running up the stairs. I'm pretty sure she's been the first one on the bus each day since.

I have to admit I've been really nervous about how Madilyn would handle school. Although she's getting better, she's prone to random tantrums and bursts of energy that may not fit too well in a classroom setting. After her first day she reported that it was great. In further questioning she admitted that she cried "for one hundred minutes" because "they" wouldn't let her color something, but other than that everything went smoothly. A week later she's still loving it and hasn't had any more problems. She was even chosen to be the teacher's "Hoppy Helper" (apparently her teacher loves frogs) for the week and has done a great job. It's been such a relief that she's doing well!! We miss her in the mornings, but it's so fun to see her loving school!
1 comment:
I can't believe she's a kindergartner! Crazy how fast our kids are growing up. Is it just half day kindergarten out there? I guess it's different everywhere, but it's full day out here. I'm so glad she's doing well and loving it.
Post a Comment