Monday, September 24, 2007

the girl who cried "stuck!!"

Lately Madilyn has had a hard time taking naps. She doesn't want to do it, and often sits in her crib crying and playing for nearly an hour before she falls asleep. On Friday when I laid her down she'd been calling for me to get her out for quite a while. Then she started crying and yelling "stuck, Mommy, stuck!" I ran in to see what was going on, and her hand was in between the edge of the crib and the metal post that makes the side of the crib go up and down. The only thing was, her hand wasn't really stuck. As soon as I walked over to her she pulled her hand out and smiled really big. She thought she was pretty funny.
On Saturday she again wasn't going to sleep so I decided to wash some dishes so I wouldn't have to hear her. As soon as I got done I heard an awful cry coming from her room. This time when I went in she really was stuck. She had managed to squeeze her knee through the crib bars. She was so stuck that I had to get Eric to help me pull her out. Now she has a bruise on both sides of her knee, poor girl.

3 comments:

Madison Grunig said...

What a clever little thing! Too bad about that ugly bruise.

Jeannette said...

Not so clever the second time; I'm pretty sure she must have been trying to climb out of the crib or something and then fell and her foot slipped through the bars. I don't think she could have squeezed it through on purpose, it was in there way too tight.

Anna said...

That's so fun! Smart little girl!